FROM THE COUNSELLOR’S DESK
THE SECRETS OF LIFE SUCCESS.
PROVERBS 11: 14.
Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. People of all ages struggle for success, but many lack the basic principles to follow, hence they struggle in vain.
There are series of ideas on what it takes to be successful, but the most interesting fact is that the basics never change. Here are 13 points of the secrets to life success.
- The Fear of God: God is the source of all wisdom. Acknowledge Him. When you fear God, you have nothing to fear.
- Discover Yourself: know your endowment and what you are suited for. Consider your ability, interest and personality before settling down to a life career.
- Dream: Have a conceptualization of what you want to be. The most miserable man in the world is a man without a dream.
- Set a Goal to Pursue: A goal is a strategy to accomplish. Setting a goal is concentration and motivation to achieve.
- Acquisition of Knowledge:You need to acquire necessary knowledge in your chosen field. Others will continue to lead until you know what they know and improve on it.
- Keep Sealed Lips: Don’t discuss your future, plans, expected achievements and progress with everyone you claim as friends. Let the result speak for itself. Be wise!
- Hard Work: There is no shortcut tosuccess; hard work is the godly way to a lasting success. Hard work does not kill, it only removes hard life.
- Determination: you must determine to succeed. The road to success and victory is woven with thorns. Your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing.
- Prepare for Problems, Obstacles, Hindrances and Blockages: These are normal aspects of life. There are always ups and downs, develop the right attitude towards negative instances of life.
- Be Focused: focus declares total war on distractions, because distraction is the greatest enemy of destruction.
- Courage: to live successfully in this competitive world, you must be courageous. One man with courage makes a majority.
- Confidence: you must have faith in yourself that you can make it. The greatest harm you can do yourself is not to trust potentiality.
- Take a Risk: A potentially successful person must be ready to take a legal risk. There is no joy in victory without running the risk of defeat. Above all, a good attitude begins with gratitude to God. He is worthy of your praise continually. Remember also to appreciate those who have helped you in one way or the other.